VG Invites loves the deep rich hues of burgundy for fall and winter weddings. Reds inspire romance and can be coordinated with pinks or greens and even whites for a bold contrast. We put together a collection of our favorite ideas to give your lots of inspiration for your wedding theme.
Once upon a time couples sent out their wedding invitations to guests. Beyond the invitation in the mail, there was little communication done amongst the bride, groom, wedding party, and their guests before the Big Day. Today’s brides are more tech savvy and socially connected than ever before. Instead of making a wedding website, couples are opting to create wedding fan pages so brides can share their personal wedding journey with friends and family. VG Invites is a fan of using Facebook Fan Pages for weddings because it can be a key organizational tool and a place to share your love with your guests and wedding party.
Here are what some users are saying:
“I think it’s really cute and gives many people involved in your wedding a chance to congratulate you before the big day, share helpful links, etc.”
“I have one and it is great. All of my girls live in different cities so it’s easy to keep in contact. I also love how we can share photos. We have shared hair ideas, decoration ideas, dress ideas, etc. I love mine and my girls check it all the time. Just make sure it’s private.”
Here are some great uses for your wedding Facebook Fan Page:
For fun and link sharing among the bridal party. Having wedding information, pertinent links to wedding registries, event updates and an option to RSVP online makes life easier on both wedding guests and those planning the wedding. For bridal updates, brides can share their personal wedding planning journey with their friends and family. Guests can sneak a peak at pictures announcing who the DJ or band will be prior to the rehearsal. Don’t forget post wedding sharing. Include guests on your Facebook Wedding Fan Page and they will revel in the joy of sharing and commenting on pictures. Your Facebook Wedding Fanpage is a great way for them to share moments.
How to set up your Wedding Facebook Fan Page
1. Log into your Facebook account and go to your “Home” page.
2. On the left sidebar see option for “Pages” and click on “Like Pages”.
3. Top Right Click “Create New Page”
4. Click on “Cause or Community”
5. Click on “Create Group”
6. Name your group (such as Bride’s Name and Groom’s Name Wedding). Select your members. To select members, simply start typing their names. If they are already connected to you in Facebook, their names will pop up. Depending on your needs and desires, you will want to select “Public”, “Closed”, or “Secret”.
7. Next you will want to upload a cover photo. Your cover photo should be 851 x 315 pixels and a .png file. You can find some beautiful cover photos that are already optimized for your Facebook Wedding Fan Page at www.VGInvites.Etsy.com along with matching wedding invitations, save the date postcards, and wedding programs.
8. After you have uploaded your cover photo you can begin creating events and include those individuals who will be attending. For example, getting all the bride’s maids together to try on gowns. Give the event a name, a description of the details, where, and when.
9. Share photos: You can create an album and share photos and even add videos.
Some Fun Ideas:
Add widgets to make pages more resourceful. Widgets or applications allow for pages to be useful interactive tools that are fun for your guests. For Example, Wedding Fan Pages can include: a wedding day countdown widget, a map widget that displays the event venue’s locations, a RSVP widget, a custom form widget and even a polling widget if the bride wants instant feedback from her wedding attendees.
For a larger affair that takes months to plan, such as a wedding, something more substantial and engaging, like a Fan Page, is a fun and useful tool to have. Facebook has opened a huge door for brides to take a more modern approach to planning and sharing their big day.
I hope that you have found this tutorial helpful. Please leave me your comments below.
DIY projects can be great excuse to get together with friends for a fun girls night in. So put out some snacks and lets get started.
What you will need is a cutting matt, metal ruler, and an Xacto knife.
1| Line up your metal ruler along the guides that come printed on your invitations
2| Using your led hand Firmly press down as indicated here
3| Holding your xacto knife in your right hand, as indicated in this tutorial, Make a slice along the edge of the metal ruler.
4| You may want to make a few practice cuts first until you get the hang of it.
Before you know it you will be making professional looking cuts like these.
Thanks for visiting and check out my latest tutorials at www.VGInvites.com